The new apprenticeship standards now include end-point assessments at the end of the apprenticeship. Occupational Awards Limited (OAL) are now seeking industry experts who are willing to become independent assessors to join our team.
If you are interested in finding out more or wish to apply for the role please contact us today.
More about the role
Our Independent Assessors will be representatives of OAL as an end-point assessment organisation. Here at OAL we pride ourselves on our professionalism and expertise, which is exactly what we would expect from our assessors. You will be paid a day rate and travel expenses will be covered.
The role requirements:
- Attendance at a minimum of two training days per year with the OAL team.
- Have a minimum of 10 days availability for the role per year.
- Assessors are expected to be experts in the field in which they assess.
- The ability to travel to various locations, travel distances will be agreed.
- Computer and internet access are required to access for our portal.
- The skill to formulate robust grading judgements in a competent manner, in line with OAL practice and specifications of the standard being assessed. (Training will be provided)
- Particular qualifications may be required dependent upon the standard assessed. (Training will be provided)
- Record assessment decisions, complete reports and maintain assessment records accurately and in accordance with OAL requirements. (Training will be provided)
- The ability to assess on a one to basis and small groups of select apprentices in various components of EPA, including; professional discussions/ interviews, work based project reviews, presentation observations, questioning, invigilation of examinations, workplace observations. (Training will be provided)
- To be able to operate in specified timescales in accordance with OAL procedures and practices.
- Participate in standardisation activities to ensure accuracy and consistency of assessment decisions and their processes.
- Report any suspected cases of maladministration or malpractice or any other concerns during EPA.
- Partake, where required, in any complaints, appeals or investigations.
- Maintain OAL standards of practice at all times, representing OAL in a professional, courteous and expert manner.
More about the apprenticeship standards we offer
Occupational Awards Limited (OAL) are approved by the Institute for Apprenticeships (IfA) to offer end-point assessment services for 21 apprenticeship standards. At OAL we are committed to supporting the futures of the food and drink industry, furniture manufacture and retail – our EPA approvals very much reflect this.
Standards that OAL are approved to deliver:
- Advanced Butcher
- Advanced Dairy Technologist
- Business Administrator
- Creative Venue Technician
- Customer Service Practitioner
- Fishmonger – ST0194
- Food & Drink Advanced Process Operator
- Food & Drink Maintenance Engineer
- Food & Drink Process Operator
- Food Technologist
- Furniture Manufacturer
- Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technician
- Operations/Department Manager
- Retail Team Leader
- Supply Chain Practitioner – Fast Moving Consumer Goods
- Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
- Team Leader/Supervisor
- Trade Supplier