Firm fined after worker’s hand was caught in machinery
12 January 2016
A Northampton luxury kitchen manufacturer, Bespoke in Oak Limited, was sentenced on 12 January 2016 after a worker had two fingers amputated following an industrial accident. The incident occurred on 31st October 2014 when the worker caught his dominant right hand on a revolving cutting block.
Companies sentenced in HSE inspector’s “most horrific case”
4 December 2015
Two North West companies have been fined following the death of two workers at a Merseyside woodchip factory.
James Bibby, 25, and Thomas Elmer, 27, were both killed when carrying out maintenance work on a conveyor belt at the Sonae factory in Kirkby.
Resolve to help Britain work well in 2016
Good risk management is fundamental because it helps lead to improved productivity, higher levels of innovation and it delivers economic growth.
I’ve said many times in this blog that it is integral to business success, as well as being about ensuring that everyone goes home safe and well after a day’s work.
It’s about focusing on the important stuff and putting measures in place which are proportionate and sensible.
Firm fined after worker suffered cement burns on first day of work
14 January 2016
A building products manufacturer was fined after a worker suffered serious cement burns on his first day of work.
Three companies fined after construction worker seriously injured in fall from height
13 January 2016
Three companies have been fined a total of £90,000 after a worker was seriously injured when he fell nearly six meters from a platform with unguarded rails.
OAL Health & Safety Qualifications
OAL Offers a range of Health & Safety Qualifications:
- OAL Level 1 Award In Principles of Health and Safety in the Workplace
- OAL Level 2 Award In Health and Safety in the Workplace
- OAL Level 2 Award In Risk Assessment
- OAL Level 3 Award In Behavioural Safety in the Workplace
- OAL Level 3 Award In Health and Safety in the Workplace
- OAL Level 3 Award In Managing Contractors to Ensure Compliance with Health and Safety
- OAL Level 3 Diploma In Occupational Health and Safety
- OAL Level 5 Diploma In Occupational Health and Safety Practice
For more information, please see: www.oawards.co.uk/quals