Manufacturing company and director fined for safety failings
11 February 2016
A manufacturing company based in Shrewsbury and its director have been fined after an empty 45 gallon steel drum once containing flammable liquid caught fire and exploded when being cut in half.
Firm fined after operator injured in “Binder” press
9 February 2016
An Oxford based company who supply heating equipment has been fined after a worker suffered injuries to his fingers in a hydraulic press.
Banbury Magistrates’ Court heard an employee of Walraven Limited of Oxfordshire was setting up a horizontal press with a defeated interlock when he inadvertently activated it, crushing the tips of his index finger and thumb.
Scaffolding firm in court after worker’s roof fall
11 February 2016
Hemel Hempstead Scaffolding Limited has been fined after a worker suffered life changing injuries when he fell from the roof of a barn.
Firm fined after worker suffered cement burns on first day of work
14 January 2016
A building products manufacturer was fined after a worker suffered serious cement burns on his first day of work.
Three companies fined after construction worker seriously injured in fall from height
13 January 2016
Three companies have been fined a total of £90,000 after a worker was seriously injured when he fell nearly six meters from a platform with unguarded rails.
OAL Health & Safety Qualifications
OAL Offers a range of Health & Safety Qualifications:
- OAL Level 1 Award In Principles of Health and Safety in the Workplace
- OAL Level 2 Award In Health and Safety in the Workplace
- OAL Level 2 Award In Risk Assessment
- OAL Level 3 Award In Behavioural Safety in the Workplace
- OAL Level 3 Award In Health and Safety in the Workplace
- OAL Level 3 Award In Managing Contractors to Ensure Compliance with Health and Safety
- OAL Level 3 Diploma In Occupational Health and Safety
- OAL Level 5 Diploma In Occupational Health and Safety Practice
For more information, please see: www.oawards.co.uk/quals