Bakery qualification overview
A fresh take on vocational bakery at level 2. The new OAL bakery qualification gained Ofqual approval in October 2017, and is already selling like hot cakes!
This qualification is designed to develop and assess the competent performance of those involved in bakery operations, so they develop the necessary skills, knowledge and behaviours to work effectively in their role. On achievement of the qualification learners will have developed the level of competence which will enable them to perform consistently, reliably and productively in their work role and make a positive contribution to employment.
This qualification will support progression of learners to:
- increased responsibility or promotion opportunities in work
- level 3 vocational qualifications in bakery/confectionery/patisserie/food and drink operations/management
- apprenticeships for the food and drink industry
- advanced bakery operations, technical or management related job roles in bakery/food and drink
The qualification must be assessed using the following assessment methods:
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Oral Examination
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment
Learners are required to achieve all learning outcomes within units of assessment. Assessment of skills will involve observation of learner performance carrying out a bakery operative’s role in the workplace or in an approved bakery environment.
All assessment is subject to internal quality assurance within approved centres providing this qualification.
Externally quality assurance of assessment and internal quality assurance within approved centres is provided by OAL.
This qualification is graded: fail, pass, merit, distinction.
Baker end-point assessment
OAL is approved to deliver the Baker end-point assessment