Food & drink engineering maintenance qualification overview
This qualification is designed to develop and assess the competent performance of those involved in food engineering maintenance in food and drink manufacturing operations, and develop the necessary skills, knowledge, understanding and behaviours to work effectively in their role.
On achievement of the qualification learners will have developed the level of competence which will enable them to perform consistently, reliably and productively in their work role, and make a positive contribution to their employment.
This qualification will support progression of learners to:
- increased responsibility or promotion opportunities in work
- level 4 vocational qualifications in engineering/management/quality and improvement
- apprenticeships for the food and drink industry
- engineering or management related job roles in food and drink.
The qualification is assessed using the following assessment methods, these methods have been chosen in order to assist in the preparation of apprentices for end-point assessment including:
- Assignment or direct learner responses
- Tests (multiple-choice and short answer questions)
- Observation of learner performance
All centre devised assessment materials must be agreed with OAL and signed off before implementation.
Learners are required to achieve all learning outcomes within each unit of assessment.
All assessment is subject to internal quality assurance within approved centres providing this qualification.
Externally quality assurance of assessment and internal quality assurance within approved centres is provided by OAL.
This qualification is graded; achievement certificates for this Diploma are issued on the basis of awarding a fail, pass, merit or distinction.
Food & Drink Maintenance Engineer end-point assessment
OAL is approved to deliver the FDEM EPA