Health and safety in the food supply chain business qualification overview
This qualification is designed to develop and assess health and safety knowledge and understanding for those involved in food supply chain business operations. A sound foundation of understanding in health and safety is essential to support effective practice in a wide range of food supply chain operations including those in food preparation, processing, manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, wholesaling and retailing.
On achievement of the qualification learners will have developed the health and safety knowledge and understanding which will enable them to apply compliant practice in their work role, and make a positive contribution to employment.
This qualification will support progression of learners to:
- increased responsibility or promotion opportunities in work
- level 3 vocational qualifications in health and safety/food and drink operations
- apprenticeships for the food and drink industry
- advanced food processing operations, technical or management related job roles in food and drink
The qualification must be assessed using one of the following assessment methods:
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Assignment or Portfolio of evidence or e-assessment
Learners are required to achieve all learning outcomes within the unit of assessment. Assessment of knowledge and understanding will involve either multiple choice examination or assignment/portfolio building.
All assessment is subject to internal quality assurance within approved centres providing this qualification. Externally quality assurance of assessment and internal quality assurance within approved centres is provided by OAL.
This qualification is not graded, outcomes are fail or pass only.