Furnishings – modern upholstery qualification overview
This qualification covers the advanced practical skills and knowledge required to work in modern upholstery roles within the furnishings industry.
You will take the following mandatory units:
- Design schemes in furnishings
- Health and safety within furniture and furnishing making environments
- Modern furniture upholstery
- Production planning in furniture and furnishing making
- Research and product development for modern furniture upholstery
- Supervision in a furniture and furnishing making environment
Learners can then choose from the following optional units:
- Produce drawings using CAD
- Prototype design in modern upholstery
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is suitable if you wish to pursue a career in modern upholstery roles within the furnishings industry.
The qualification must be assessed using the following assessment method:
- portfolio of evidence.
Learners are required to achieve all learning outcomes within units of assessment. All assessment is subject to internal quality assurance within approved centres providing this qualification. Externally quality assurance of assessment and internal quality assurance within approved centres is provided by OAL.
This qualification is not graded; achievement certificates for this qualification are issued on the basis of awarding a pass only.
Furniture Manufacturer end-point assessment
OAL is approved to deliver the Furniture Manufacturer end-point assessment