Understanding the furniture, furnishings and interior industry qualification overview
This qualification is designed to develop and assess the learner’s knowledge and understanding of the furniture, furnishings and interiors industry, so they have the necessary knowledge and understanding to work effectively in their role.
On achievement of the qualification practitioners will have developed the knowledge to perform consistently and reliably in the furniture, furnishings and interiors industry.
This qualification will support progression of learners to:
- OAL Level 2 NVQ in Woodmachining
- OAL Level 2 NVQ in Modern Upholstery
- OAL Level 2 NVQ in Modern Furniture Service Repair
- OAL Level 2 NVQ in Furniture Restoration
- OAL Level 2 NVQ in Furniture Making
- OAL Level 2 NVQ in Finishing Furniture
- OAL Level 2 NVQ in Furniture CNC Technician
- OAL Level 2 NVQ in Foam Conversion and Upholstery Cushion Interior Manufacture
- OAL Level 2 NVQ in Fitted Furniture Installation
- OAL Level 2 NVQ in Bed Making.
The qualification must be assessed using the following assessment method:
- portfolio of evidence.
Learners are required to achieve all learning outcomes within units of assessment. All assessment is subject to internal quality assurance within approved centres providing this qualification. Externally quality assurance of assessment and internal quality assurance within approved centres is provided by OAL.
Furniture Manufacturer end-point assessment
OAL is approved to deliver the Furniture Manufacturer end-point assessment