Furniture occupations qualification overview
This is an introduction to the furniture furnishings and wood machining industry for those with no experience.
What does it involve?
This comprises of six mandatory units and a wide range of optional units, including:
- Health and safety within furniture and furnishing making environments (mandatory)
- Tools and equipment in furniture making and furnishings (mandatory)
- Materials in furniture making and furnishings (mandatory)
- Furniture making by hand
- Preparation and finishing methods in furniture making
- Finishing methods in upholstery and soft furnishings
- Employability Skills
The qualification must be assessed using the following assessment method:
- Portfolio of evidence
Learners are required to achieve all learning outcomes within units of assessment. All assessment is subject to internal quality assurance within approved centres providing this qualification. External quality assurance of assessment and internal quality assurance within approved centres is provided by OAL.
This qualification is not graded; achievement certificates for this qualification are issued on the basis of awarding a pass only.