Wood machining qualification overview
This qualification covers the advanced practical skills and knowledge required to work in wood machining roles within the furniture industry.
You will take the following mandatory units:
- Health and safety within furniture and furnishing making environments
- Manufacturing wood-based components using powered tools
- Manufacturing wood-based components using sanding machines
- Sustainability in the timber trade
- Environmental management and waste management in woodmachining
- Manage the production of wood-based components using machines
- Manufacturing wood-based components using profiling machines
- Workflow management in wood machining
The qualification must be assessed using the following assessment method:
- portfolio of evidence
Learners are required to achieve all learning outcomes within units of assessment. Assessment will involve observation of learner performance carrying out grading and moderation activities. All assessment is subject to internal quality assurance within approved centres providing this qualification. External quality assurance of assessment and internal quality assurance within approved centres is provided by OAL.