Risk assessment qualification overview
This qualification is designed to be an introduction to the principles of risk assessment.
On completion of this course, learners will:
- Recognise the purpose of risk assessment as a preventative measure
- Be able to conduct practical risk assessments at work
This qualification will support progression of learners to:
- OAL Level 2 Award In Health and Safety in the Workplace
- OAL Level 2 in Manual Handling in the Workplace
- OAL Level 3 Award In Health and Safety in the Workplace
- OAL Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
Who is the qualification for?
Every business is required to conduct suitable and sufficient risk assessments. This is suitable for learners working in any environment who need to be more risk-aware. It improves their knowledge of risk in the workplace and the basic steps they can take to control it.
The qualification must be assessed using the following assessment method:
- portfolio of evidence
Learners are required to achieve all learning outcomes within units of assessment. All assessment is subject to internal quality assurance within approved centres providing this qualification. External quality assurance of assessment and internal quality assurance within approved centres is provided by OAL. This qualification is not graded; achievement certificates for this Award are issued on the basis of awarding a pass only.