OAL is a leading not for profit industry-focused Awarding and End Point Assessment Organisation. We provide a wide range of qualification products and multi-sector end point assessment to meet employer and customer needs.
The role is predominantly home based with regular travel to our Head Office in York.
To manage an individual portfolio of end point assessment standards and resources. To maintain an understanding of the education marketplace to ensure that the portfolio of existing and future products meets customer needs and achieving growth, reach and company values. Working with the Senior Developer and the Product Development Team to support with the development of new apprenticeship standards materials. Support with the design, development, and implementation review process of all End Point Assessment instruments. Train the EPA Independent Assessor Team in each of the standards they deliver. Attend moderation and standardisation meetings for the standards you are responsible for and make any necessary adjustments and changes required on a regular basis.
- Manage the design, development and implementation of new products particularly for End Point Assessment
- Support with the development and implementation of all product developments to ensure fitness for purpose
- Train Independent Assessors in each EPA requirement and any changes made to assessment materials
- Work with the Product Development and Assessment team and the OAL Operational Team to ensure that OAL thrives and prospers through delivering high-quality qualification and End Point Assessment (EPA) services
- Ensure audit and compliance requirements of the external regulators, as appropriate for various products Support with the development and implementation of the on-line examinations system “QuestionMark”. Lead on the review and development of all knowledge tests for end point assessment
- Develop, manage and maintain the test function including moderation, standardisation and improvement of all materials and resources responsible for
- Manage and maintain webpage and OALs on-line Creatio content for End Point Assessments and resources in our portfolio, ensuring the information follows company styles, company requirements and is fit for purpose, accurate, up-to-date and free from bias
- Support, develop and help maintain strong and effective relationships with providers, employers and stakeholders including ESFA, Ofqual and the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education as part of any development work carried out
- Working with the Product Development and Assessment team coordinate the work of any external contractors to assure the quality of assessment test design including continuous improvement of test instruments to meet EQA Inspection standards
- Level 4 minimum Assessment and/or quality assurance qualification or similar
- Certificate in Education, training practice or equivalent
- Significant relevant experience of developing qualifications and assessments materials for an Awarding and/or End Point Assessment Organisation or Further Education Provider (minimum 3 years)
- Significant knowledge and experience of apprenticeship standards
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working in training delivery, provision, assessment and/or quality assurance
- Significant experience of operating in a compliant or regulated environment
- Use of IT platforms to monitor and control training delivery, provision and quality assurance
- Significant experience of working collaboratively with remote teams
- Experience of standardisation and moderation activity
Between £30,000 and £35,000 depending on knowledge, skills and experience
How to apply:
Application is by CV and Cover Letter of no more than two pages, explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the key responsibilities of the job role. Cover letters must include contact details to arrange an interview if you are successful in your application.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2023
Initial interviews will be held over Zoom or Teams. Please confirm in your covering letter any dates you are not available