About our maintenance and operations engineering technician EPA.
Our end-point assessment services for the maintenance and operations engineering technician apprenticeship standard are now live.
This apprenticeship standard covers 7 specialist roles electrical technicians, mechanical technicians, control and instrumentation technicians, wind turbine technician, electrical system and process control technicians, electromechanical technicians and plant operations technicians.
Currently OAL provides end-point assessment for 2 of the specialist roles; electrical and mechanical technicians. Please contact us if you have technicians completing one of the other specialist roles.
This apprenticeship has been designed by a range of employers to ensure that both new entrants and those interested in progressing a career in the sector have an opportunity to develop the right skills, knowledge and behaviours. This apprenticeship is a fantastic way of developing these skills whilst learning and gaining experience at work.
At the end of the programme apprentices will:
- locate, and rectify faults on plant and equipment
- inspect and maintain appropriate plant and equipment to meet operational requirements
- assess and test the performance and condition of plant and equipment
- read, understand and interpret information and work in compliance with technical specifications and supporting documentation
- communicate, handover and confirm that the appropriate engineering process has been completed to specification.